Kevin Richardson Lions - Pictures and Videos

Showcasing amazing pictures and videos of Kevin Richardson and his big cats. You'll be amazed to see a human so close and intimate with these wonderful majestic lions.





Watch this heart warming video...


Animal behaviourist Kevin Richardson has such an intimate bond with big cats that he can spend the night curled up with them without the slightest fear of attack. Richardson who is based in a wildlife conservation area near Johannesburg in South Africa, works his unusual magic on other species too. Cheetahs, leopards and even unpredictable hyenas hold no threats for him.




So instinctively in tune is he with these animals whose teeth are sharp enough to bite through thick steel, that mother hyenas even allow him to hold their newborn cubs without pouncing to the rescue.


But lions are Kevin Richardson's favorite animal. He lavishes them with unconditional love, he says, treating each individual differently, speaking to them, caressing them and, above all, treating them with respect. A former student of human physiology who once worked with pre and post-operative human patients, Kevin turned to animals ten years ago when he came to the conclusion that he could trust a lion over one of his own kind every time - well, nearly every time.

A close encounter with an aggressive four-year-old male in the early days taught him a lesson he has not forgotten. The animal pinned him to the ground and started biting him until something about Kevin's passive attitude stopped him in his tracks.




Kevin says he's most confident with animals he has known since birth, but claims he can become close friends with any lion less than a year old, when it is still flexible enough to accept him as part of its own pride.


"I have to rely on my own instincts to gauge an animal or a situation, and I will not approach a creature if something doesn't feel right," he says. "I don't use sticks, whips or chains, just patience. It may be dangerous, but this is a passion for me, not a job."




If you like Kevin Richardson and this lions...then you will love Christian the Lion


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

what i watched warmed my heart. how marvalous. i"m jealous.sam k. florida

Anonymous said...

how marvalous. heartwarming and such a grace from God. lucky lucky lucky. i hope he has many, many years with those wonderful animals. sam k. florida

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work....I think it's amazing. Yes you are lucky.

EV

Anonymous said...

I have just watched the hour long special and what I saw was amazing. You cannot imagine the feeling that he must have when these animals trust and respect him so much and you can see the love they all share.

shona scotland

Anonymous said...

its realy amazing, i like animals but never get chance to touch a lion that realy a blessing for kevin that he has so many lions freinds. that realy nice................

Nathalie said...

OMG!!!!

I have to meet with Kevin and his lions in this lifetime!!!

I'm sure I can do the same...ya ya I'm that crazy

Just love animals, in partcular those who are considered dangerus...

Rewow!

Thanks

Anonymous said...

this guy is my idol after learning who he is i will always look for him and his work ......truely amazing....thx kenneth greenbank ontario canada

Srini said...

kevin must be very very lucky. every one in the world doesn't have this guts to live with lions. I love kevin...........Kevin is there any vacancy for your assistant??????

Unknown said...

its really amazing.........
i also love animals but never get chance to touch such kind of dangerous animals..........
kevin is simply great.
i wanna meet kevin in my life once......
shambhavi, INDIA

Anonymous said...

Amazing and courageous.Beautiuful to see man and wild animals as one.

Anonymous said...

Watched yr documentary yesterday
- Marvellous!!

Craig Fernandes said...

God Bless You Kevin :)

Hoiii :} said...

Smart guy. I really think that people are pigs,and I know that he has so much better life. I want that.

Thumpa said...

I too love animals more than people. I'm so glad to have seen this 'n know I'm not alone or nuts ! What a wonderful talent to be able to "Talk to the Animals" .

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!ITS AMAZING ,ITS A GR8 FEELING AND XPERIENCE -KEEP UP THE GUD WORK
MARINA REJI
INDIA

Unknown said...

It's so nice to see that others share my love of these animals. I am so interested in what Kevin does and how much he loves the animals. The lions are beautiful. My cat's name is Lion and he's a large tan tabby. He's very spoiled, greets me at the front door, jumps on my bed at night and kisses me. So maybe I'm a little nuts, but it's all good.

Anonymous said...

i've never so something more beautiful than this...

I'm speachles...

kisses from Croatia

gargi said...

hello,

National Geographic gave me the oppertunity to view such wonder relation u share with these animals...i am an animal lover too... by seeing the documentary it has come to my knowledge that the sanctuary is in financial crisis. .. i would like to help out in some way... do convey...

regards.. gargi....
india......

rohit said...

no words......
hats off to you dear kevin
want to meet you once in our life..

From,
Piyu & Rohit
INDIA

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you must be a very special person, for those big cats to feel so comfortable with you. Congratulations!

Colin Kidner said...

I was left breathless. Seeing your setup is now on my 'Bucket List'

Anonymous said...

Impressive on many levels. Unlike 'grizzly man', Kevin seems to have a visceral understand of essential animal behaviors.

His structured approach and caution will enable him to carry on like this for some time it would seem. In other words . . . don't try this at home kids.

Anonymous said...

I GOT CHILLS WATCHING THESE VIDEOS! KEVIN YOU ARE AMAZING WITH THESE BIG CATS & HYENAS... I WISH THERE WERE MORE PEOPLE LIKE KEVIN RICHARDSON IN THIS WORLD. KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR ANIMALS! TARA (RHODE ISLAND)

phoenixmoon2000 said...

I can get my peaceful time whenever I watch Kevin's videos and pictures with lions. I love this. I love Kevin and his all noble work. Wish Kevin can live together with his beloved animals forever. Also wish to support him from many people around the world who love wild animals. Wild animals are really cute and they do have tender heart if they are brought up by human since were cubs. These animals much more tender hearts even than other some human being. God bless you ever Kevin!

LimogesBoxCollector said...

I don't know about being so close to a wild animal !!!!